Thursday, October 1, 2009

If Something Were To Happen ...

For this upcoming edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, I am supposed to write an obituary for my blog in case something was to happen (ie. the blog was deleted). Instead of writing an obituary, I've just decided to mention the steps I have taken to preserve my writings in case (God forbid!) my blog is deleted by accident.

Last year, I created a mirror blog for this blog after another genealogy blogger's blog was deleted by accident, and since that time, I have been slowly adding posted articles to that blog. I am also copying the articles that I have posted in the past, and I am saving those articles in a word document until I can get all of the past articles posted on the mirror blog. So, if something should happen, I should be able to prevent any loss of work, and I should be able to get the blog back up and running if I needed to do so. You can view the mirror blog here. Hopefully, I will never have to use the mirror blog, but one can never know what the future will bring.

1 comment:

Kathryn Doyle said...

Jessica,
Great suggestion. I need to investigate creating a mirror blog for mine. Thanks!