Friday, December 28, 2007

Genealogy Resolutions for 2008

Even though I did not come up with a genealogical list of New Year's resolutions for this past year, I've decided to come up with some for 2008. So, here's my list:


  1. I hope to get a chance to go to the Grand Rapids Public Library this year. The main branch of the library has records of the Old Soldiers' Home where my ancestor spent the last two years of his life. I am hoping to find more information than I did at the state archive of Michigan.
  2. Order more microfilms of probate records for Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania.
  3. Look up and print other probate records of ancestors who lived and died in Saint Joseph County, Michigan.
  4. Order birth, marriage and death records of ancestors from the United Kingdom.
  5. Order microfilms of Trippstadt, Germany's civil records.
  6. And last, but not least, I hope to make more connections and to find more ancestors and relatives.

Well, those are my resolutions. I realize that it is not a lot, but I believe that I probably will be able to accomplish most of these resolutions. Well, I'll just have to wait until next year to see how I did.

1 comment:

Lee said...

That's a good, solid list. I personally believe less is more in these matters. Good luck! And Happy New Year!