Saturday, November 29, 2008
Also, if you are interested in hosting a future edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy, you can read more about it here.
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- A the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their name.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
I do not believe I have participated in this meme before, so here are eight facts about me:
- Besides doing genealogy, I also like to read (Something you have probably figured out by now.), write stories, draw, paint, knit, crochet and play the piano.
- I also love to learn about other cultures, countries, religions and languages.
- I have studied German for almost five years. I had two years in high school, and almost three years in college.
- After I finish my bachelor's degree, I plan on continuing onto graduate school, and hopefully, I will eventually obtain a PhD in history. (It looks like I will be in school for a long time.)
- I also like to play computer games, and my favorite computer game at the moment is Age of Empires 3. (It's not exactly a historically accurate game, but the historical theme and strategy are what interests me the most about this game.)
- I hope to write a book someday and have it published.
- The historical topics and eras that I am interested in span from the Middle Ages to the present. (Yes, I realize I have a broad interest in history.)
- I would like to travel the world some day.
And now, I am supposed to tag eight other people. The eight people I am tagging are:
- Harold of Midwestern Microhistory
- Wendy of All My Branches
- Nancy of Fermazin Family Genealogy
- Cathy of In Deeds
- Machie Family Genealogy
- Milwaukee Germans
- Gray Roots Are Showing
- Sheri of Twig Talk
So, that is eight things about me that you now know. I hope you find them interesting. Enjoy!