Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Possible Brick Wall Ancestor? Irene Havens - Part 1...

I've noticed that a few other genealogy bloggers have posted articles on their brick wall ancestors, and I thought I would post on one of my ancestors. Well, I'm not sure I can call this ancestor a brick wall ancestor, but at the moment, I haven't been able to do very much research on this ancestor. But here is a little of what I do know:

Irene was born somewhere in New York state sometime between 1840 and 1843. When I first started my research on her, I could only find her in the 1860 U. S. census before she married Peter Stout. (I know believe I have found her in the 1850 census, but I'll explain my speculations in a later post.) In the meantime, I'll continue with my research in another post.

No comments: