Monday, January 28, 2008

A Family History Float ...

Earlier this month, Bill West put out a challenge for genealogy bloggers to come up with their own parade floats. Having just read Randy Seaver's post, I've decided to come up with my own float.

As to what I would have on my float, it is more difficult to decide. As I have mentioned before, I have ancestors from the U. K., Germany and early-1800s America, and as my ancestors come from a variety of areas, it would be difficult to adequately represent my heritage through scenes or images on my float. I think the best representation of my heritage would be to depict scenes from the history of Michigan that my ancestors would have experienced since I have ancestors who continuously lived in Michigan for the past 150 years.

So, what scenes would I depict? I probably would have a scene from the Civil War era, and the rest of the float would probably depict the major industries that Michigan has been known for in the past. Other than that, I can't think of what else I would put on my float as family has lived in Michigan for a long period of time.

No comments: