Friday, March 21, 2008

Snow ... Again!

Yes, you have read that correctly. Michigan has more snow. Over the past two weeks, the weather where I am at had been warm. Okay, the temperature was probably at the most only in the 40s, but after the weather of this winter, that is warm. Either way it had recently been warm enough that I could wear either my spring jacket or winter coat, until today. Since it was fairly warm, I left my window open overnight, and when I woke up this morning, I discovered that my room was cold. All I had to do was look out the window to see that it was snowing pretty well. When I first I looked out the window, I thought there was only a couple of inches of snow. Well, after getting dinner this evening, I have to say that there is more than two inches on the ground. I'm guessing there is at least three or four inches on the ground. And it is still snowing quite steadily.

Of course, I should not be surprised to see snow. Generally, one cannot say Michigan is free of snow until after the second week of April, although three years ago, it snowed as late as the third or fourth weekend of April. Either way, this winter has been quite harsh. Supposedly this winter is supposed to be either the coldest or most severe that Michigan has experienced in fifty years. (At least that is what my dad heard on the radio.) I can definitely say that I don't believe Michigan has had this much snow since the winter of 1998-1999. Oh, well. Winter isn't over yet.

No comments: