Sunday, April 20, 2008

Do I Have Revolutionary War Veteran Ancestors?

I suppose, from reading other genealogy bloggers' posts, that Saturday was Patriots' Day, the day on which Revolutionary War Veterans are honored. To be honest, I don't know if I have any ancestors who were Revolutionary War Veterans. I wish I knew, though. The problem for me is that I have gotten back enough yet to find out. At the moment, I seem to be stuck in the 1820-1830s. Oh well, one day I will find the answer through research.

2 comments:

Lidian said...

I know wht you mean - I haven't found any Rev. War vets either, though there is the typical family story about the proverbial drummer boy. Don't think so! Still, you never know what you will find out -

Elizabeth O'Neal said...

Hi Jessica - I'm a member of the DAR, so if you come up with any names that you'd like me to look up in their database, I'd be happy to do so (you too, Laura)!