Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I've Left Facebook ...

You may or may not have noticed, but earlier today I decided to deactivate my account on Facebook. Why? I did so for a couple of reasons. I won't lie and say that the change in the terms wasn't a reason. It was, but it wasn't the only reason.

First off, I really don't use the site or go on it very often because I do not have enough time. Secondly, I am upset that Facebook changed its terms of service like it did. The change in the wording made me feel uncomfortable, and I believe that leaving Facebook for now is probably in my best interest.

I just wanted to let everyone know why I left, in case anyone was wondering.

1 comment:

Bill West said...

Hi Jessica,
Apparently the furor over the change has caused Facebook to revert to the previous Terms of Service for now.
I think other genea-bloggers might
continue to keep a close eye on the situation and if they change the
TOS again there will be more folks
leaving.