Saturday, June 27, 2009

Family History Center Visit 11

Earlier today, I visited the local Family History Center, and I took a look again at the microfilm of the church records for Trippstadt, Germany. On my previous visit, I couldn't find a burial record for one of my Kees' ancestor's children, so I decided to look again this time. And I found the record, and I printed out a copy of the record.

After I went through the Trippstadt microfilm, I ordered four microfilms, and I printed out of my great-grandfather's service records. One microfilm was of civil records, and the other three were microfilms of church records. Two of those church records were from Manchester, Lancashire, and the other was of church records from Bobenheim am Berg, Germany. The civil records microfilm was from Gelnhausen, Germany, and it contained marriage records for the city. Hopefully, the microfilms will come in soon, and I will be able to go back farther in my ancestry. Stay tuned ...

No comments: