- Order William Oswalt's Civil War pension file. Results as of July 4th: I still haven't ordered the pension file yet. I still hope I can find the time to do so this summer.
- Obtain Anton's naturalization papers. Results as of July 4th: I still haven't ordered his naturalization papers yet, and I don't know if I will get a chance to so later this year.
- Contact the Church where my ancestors, Carl and Anna, married (if the church still exists) to see if the church's records list the names or birthplace of Carl. Results as of July 4th: I still have not contacted the church. Now that I have a little more time, I might be able to look and see if the church still exists. Stay tuned for an update in the future.
- Visit the State Archives of Michigan to see if I can obtain any further naturalization documents on Carl, or see if Fred Klippel became a naturalized citizen. Results as of July 4th: I have not visited the Archives of Michigan lately. I do not know if I will get a chance to visit the Archives this summer.
- Order microfilms of various Lancashire, England parish records to continue my research. Results as of July 4th: I have not had a chance to order any microfilms. Although I now have a little time to do research, I do not believe I will have enough time to view the microfilms before school begins again if I order them now.
- Make or strengthen the connection between Joseph Stout and the couple I believe to be his parents. Results as of July 4th: I haven't strengthen the connection, although I did contact someone who might help me. I think I should write a post about who I believe to be Joseph Stout's parents. Stay tuned for a future post.
- Order more microfilms of records from Trippstadt, Gelnhausen and Bobenheim am Berg, Germany. Results as of July 4th: I haven't ordered any microfilms from Germany, and I probably will not get a chance to do so this year.
- Order more microfilms of records from Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania. Results as of July 4th: As in the case for goals five and seven, I haven't had a chance to order any microfilms. I am afraid I will not have to time to order any microfilms this year.
- Visit Saint Joseph County, Michigan to do additional research on my lines from that area. Results as of July 4th: I haven't visited Saint Joseph County, Michigan yet, and I do not know if I will get a chance to go this year.
- Look for the marriage record for John's third marriage. Results as of July 4th: I haven't found John's third marriage yet. I don't know if he married in Michigan or somewhere else, although I haven't exhausted Michigan as a possibility yet.
Indiana Genealogical Society blog
9 years ago