Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another Lesson Learned the Hard Way ...

As you might have remembered, in March, I posted an article on the importance making sure that one backs up his or her information after my computer crashed. Well, I'm really embarrassed to mention this, but I did not completely learn my lesson the first. No, my computer did not crash this time. Instead, my genealogy information was accidentally erased from the flash drive I had it on yesterday. I was trying to fix a problem with my flash drive, and everything on the drive was completely erased. So, now, I'm going to have to reinstall the family tree maker and re-enter all of the information that I have been working on for the past four years. Plus, I'll have to rescan some pictures that I did not add to my other flash drive the last time. Oh, well. I will definitely, though, make sure I back-up the information on to another device or program after I redo everything. If you have information on a flash drive, make sure you back it up on something else so that you do not have to redo work.

No comments: