Friday, June 13, 2008

They May Look Cute ...

As you may have remembered, I wrote a post about my two dogs several weeks ago. Since this upcoming edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is on pets, I thought I would share a little bit more information on my dogs, Ben and Casey. (I have had other pets besides my dogs, but I don't want to write about fishes and hamsters I had in the past.)

As I mentioned before, Ben and Casey are mixed with Schnauzer and Terrier (which type of terrier, I do not know), and they love to run and bark. (Not surprising, since that is a characteristic trait of those breeds.) They both ten -going-on-eleven years old, and are still very hyper. Before I go any further, I think I should introduce my dogs separately.

To the right of this paragraph is a picture of Ben. (He is the one who had surgery a few weeks ago.)I do have other pictures of Ben, but I chose this one because it highlights the characteristics of his ears better than any other picture. As I have mentioned, Ben likes to run and bark, and he barks at almost anything that moves (but not cars going down the street), especially people and animals walking down the street or strangers that come up to the house. (Anyhow, I will spare everyone from the sound of his barking. I will not post that.) He is also territorial, and is not friendly with strangers. Once he gets used to dealing with a new person after a few days, he becomes a sweetheart and comes to love that person. (The only exceptions to this are the vets and groomers. He is always good and sweet for them, although he goes nuts when he sees other animals in the waiting room at the vet's.) A couple parts of his personality that has always been with him since he was a puppy are his hyper behavior and nervousness. (I don't know if it is just a part of the personality of the breed or not.) I don't think I need to add anymore to this paragraph about his personality.

Of course, I could think of many stories of Ben to tell, but I don't think I will mention any at the moment. Instead, I'll just say that I think I should have named him Houdini. (I'll let you guess why.) Oh, and Ben does not play fetch. If you throw something and he grabs it, he will take it to a corner. He will not bring the object back to the thrower.


And now onto Casey. To the left is a picture of Casey. He is much more relaxed than Ben and friendlier. Unlike Ben, Casey loves to play fetch, and he will bring back the object to the thrower. Casey also has hunting blood in him, and he gets excited every time he sees an animal out in the yard. Casey can also do other things, but I don't think I'll mention those. I'll just say that he can jump and climb up objects.
Well. that is a little bit more about my dogs. I realize I spent more time on Ben, but Ben is my dog. Casey is actually my brother's dog. Sometimes they can be precious, and other times, well ... (I don't think I need to say more.)

No comments: