Friday, July 18, 2008

My Visit to the Howell Library Archives

Earlier today, I visited the Howell, Michigan District Library, and I did some research in the library's archives. The archives hold records and history on Livingston County. (I just happen to have a couple links to this county, and I thought I would just try to do some research on an ancestor's brother. He owned a bakery in and lived in Brighton, Michigan, and I thought I would try to find some information on his bakery.

Well, to make a long story short, I was unable to find anything on him or the bakery in the archives records. I suspect the bakery only existed for a small time period. Despite my inability to find any information, I spent time talking to the two men working in the archives about the history of Brighton and Livingston county, and I learned somethings about the history of this area. These men were also able to help me contact someone who had lived in Brighton (and still does) at the time the bakery would have existed. Oh well, the hunt continues ...

No comments: