Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tombstone Tuesday ...

Becky of Kinexxions started this blog post prompt a few weeks ago, and I've finally decided to participate in this event on Tuesday. Of course, I do not know if I will be posting a photograph of a tombstone every Tuesday, but I will do so whenever I get a chance.

So, the picture of the tombstone above is of Charles H. Detwiler and one of his wives. Charles Detwiler is the son of Jacob Detwiler by his second wife, Alwilda Arnold. As you may remember, I wrote about Jacob's second marriage in this post last year. Charles is buried in Riverside Cemetery in Three Rivers, Saint Joseph County, Michigan. (I don't have my notes in front of me, so I can't remember exactly where his grave is located.)

Update, 14 October 2008 at 6:40 P.M.: Becky informed me that Amy of Amy's Genealogy, etc. Blog was the one who started the Tuesday. I'm terribly sorry. That was my mistake. Also, I happened to notice that I did not have Amy's blog on my list, and I have now added her blog to the genealogy blog list as well.

3 comments:

Becky Wiseman said...

Jessica - thanks for the link, but I can't take credit for the idea of Tombstone Tuesday! Credit goes to Amy Crow of Amy’s Genealogy, etc. Blog

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link and for picking up on the Tombstone Tuesday theme! Have fun with it!

mlg0825 said...

Hi Jessica,

I am married to the Great Great Grandson of Alwilda. Alwilda was married at least 2 and it looks like maybe 3 times after Jacob passed away. She was married to a Mr. Smith and had a son named Hector. He sometimes went by Hector Henry or Henry Hector. At first Hectors last name was Smith and when Alwilda married Henry Parker, Hector went by Parker, later he went back to using the Smith name. After Henry died I cannot find out what happened to Alwilda so the end of her story is as blank as her beginning. Would you be kind enough to share any clippings or information you have on Alwilda? Also would you have a photo to copy of her? I appreciated any information you may have.

Sincerely,

Maggie Giles
mlg0825@comcast.net