Friday, May 29, 2009

19th Edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy

Welcome to the May 2009 edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy. For this edition, submitters had to submit articles that dealt with food. Although this is a small edition, this edition is still an excellent read. Here are this edition's submissions:

First off, we have an article from Evelyn Yvonne Theriault of A Canadian Family. In Carnival of Central and Eastern Genealogy - Traditional Dishes, she writes about a cook book she found in a bookstore, and shares a version of a Russian dish.

Next, we have an article from Greta Koehl of Greta's Genealogy Blog. In A Tribute to Sauerkraut, she writes about one of her favorite foods, and shares a recipe for a sauerkraut dish.

Last, but not least, we have an article from Jessica Oswalt of Jessica's Genejournal. In An Interesting Cook Book, she writes about a cook book that contains recipes of traditional dishes from Central and Eastern Europe.

Well, that is it for this month's edition of the carnival. At the moment, I am waiting for a reply from the host for June's edition, so I do not have any information on the topic for the next edition. I will post an update when I learn more. On another note, I need hosts for at least four editions of the carnival because I will be busy with school work. The months that definitely need hosts are:
  • September
  • October
  • November
  • December

At the moment, I do not know if I need a host for August. I should be able to do July, but I do not know about August. If you are interested in hosting, please contact me at jess_history at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

No comments: