Friday, May 29, 2009

An Interesting Cook Book

I'm a bit late in writing this post due to the fact that I am busy with school work, but I wanted to submit an entry for this upcoming edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy.

Since this edition's topic is on food, I thought I would mention a little about a cookbook that I own, Russian, German & Polish food & cooking edited by Lesley Chamberlain (London: Hermes House, 2006). This cook book contains recipes of traditional dishes from Central and Eastern European. (Recipes from other countries besides Germany, Poland and Russia are represented as well. The Balkan Peninsula has its own section in the book.) Various types of dishes are represented in this book, from soups to deserts, and the book as gives a little background information on the culture and ingredients typically used in the dishes for the different regions. I have enjoyed looking at the pictures and reading through the book. (Although, I would have liked to share one of the book's recipes, I do not believe I can do so, due to copyright laws.) I hope someone else might enjoy this book as well. Enjoy!

No comments: