Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Another Interesting History Book

Even though Memorial Day has already passed, I thought I would recommend a history book that I read over a year ago and found to be interesting. Victory in Tripoli: How America's War with the Barbary Pirates Established the U.S. Navy and Shaped a Nation by Joshua E. London(John Wiley & Sons, Inc: Hoboken, New Jersey, 2005) is about how the United States' dealt with the pirate states of North Africa. In short it is about the U.S.'s naval war against the pirates of the Barbary Coast.

I realize that this also a book on maritime history; however, this book deals with a war that would be unknown to most Americans.

The book is well written, and I highly recommend it for reading. It is definitely enlightening about an event in history that is not well-known.

No comments: