Friday, February 29, 2008

This Date ...

You won't see this date again for another four years! Okay, I realize this statement is a bit corny, but I couldn't resist. I was just tempted to post something on this date as this is a leap year.

Speaking of leap years, when a person is born on this day, how do families celebrate that person's birthday in non-leap years, and how does the government determine when that person is legally an adult? What does the government do, as this date only comes once every four years? I'm just curious. I've always wondered what people do in a situation such as this one.

1 comment:

Terry Thornton said...

Jessica, My mother was born on February 29. She celebrated her birthday on the 28th --- and she often counted her years only ever four! Today she would have been 104 years but it is only her 26th birthday.
TERRY