Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Day of Infamy ...

The attack on Pearl Harbor occurred way before I or my parents were born. My grandparents and my great-grandparents' families were alive at that time, though. So where were they at that time?

Well, one side of my family was living in Detroit at the time of the Pearl Harbor attack. The other side of the family was living in the U. K, and my grandfather was already serving in the British Army. Of course, I am sure that I have asked my grandparents before about when they learned of the attack; I just can't remember exactly what they said about the attack. (Oh, well. I'll just ask them again the next time that I see them.) As for my British side, I'm not sure when they learned of the attack or how they felt about it. (Again, I can ask.)

What I do know is that the attack on Pearl Harbor changed American minds over whether to go to war, and thereby, changed the course of U. S. History.

No comments: