Monday, July 14, 2008

Just Got A Couple of Records in the Mail Today ...

A couple of weeks ago, I sent a request to the Cuyahoga County, Ohio Archives for a death record and a naturalization record, and today, I received them in the mail! (Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. I was expecting my request to take longer.) I have briefly looked over the records I received, and I'm quite excited, even though the records do not list the names of the parents or the birthplace of the persons in the records. Of course, it is still nice to receive records in the mail. I might do an analysis of the records in a future post, but I do not know when I will do so. Anyhow, I'm off to take a closer look at these new records ...

1 comment:

Steve Danko said...

Jessica,

Congratulations on finding these records! Naturalization records can be some of the most informative records on certain ancestors, but the amount of information included depends on the time period.

I hope you'll tell us more about the naturalization record you found!

Steve