Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Genea-bloggers' Games: My Final Statistics ...

Well, today happens to be the deadline for all of the statistics for the Genea-blogger's Games. I haven't worked on the Genea-bloggers' categories since August 14th, so I'll just do a recap of what I did do up to that point.

Just as a reminder, I chose to participate in the "Back up your data," "Write, write. write," and "Reach out & perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness." So, here is what I have accomplished:

Back up your data!

To be honest I have not completed any of the tasks. All I have done so far is burn some photographs on my flash drive to a CD, so I don't believe I have even completed task C.

Medal Earned - none

Write, Write, Write!

Here are the tasks that I have completed:

  • Task A - I wrote an article explaining what my blog was about.
  • Task B - I submitted an article to the upcoming edition of the Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture and an article to the upcoming edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy.
  • Task C - I did write a couple of articles (small ones) that I scheduled to publish later on in the week. (I took care of those on the 14th.)

Medal earned - Gold

Reach out & Perform Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness!

Here are the tasks I completed:

  • Task A - I left a comment on a new genealogy blog, In Deeds.
  • Task B - I joined a few blogline networks during this time period, and I also joined two more yesterday.
  • Task E - I helped to index a couple pages of census records for FamilySearch Indexing.

Medal earned - Gold

Well, that I all I have accomplished since the Genea-bloggers' Games began. I guess I have completed a lot more than I expected to do. In addition, I just want to say thank you to the creators and hosts of this year's Genea-bloggers' Games.

No comments: