Saturday, October 11, 2008

And More On the I'm Stumped Post ...


Earlier today, I posted on a research dilemma that I have with the family of Benjamin Oswalt. After Cathy left a comment, I realized that I had left out an important piece of information in my post. I forgot to mention that I had taken a look at the Wills and administrations records for Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania, and the image above is what is listed for Benjamin Oswalt. He was listed in will book 6 on page 142. Outside of that record and the orphan court record, I do not have any other information on his estate. I am unsure if he owned land because I have noticed in some secondary sources that suggest he was a tenant. It is an avenue that I'll have to take a look at, but outside of that, I am unsure as to where else I should look. Again any suggestions are welcome. Thanks. (Also, thank you, Cathy for your suggestion!)

No comments: