Friday, July 17, 2009

Frustrated Friday - Who Are Their Parents?


It has been awhile since I last wrote about my Stout ancestors, and at the moment, I'm a bit uncertain as to where I should look for a marriage for my ancestors, Joseph Stout and Susan Kelley. What I do know is that they were married in Northampton County, Pennsylvania in 1829. The image above is their marriage notice that was published in the Easton Centennial on 6 March 1829. ( A woman named Marie, did the look-up in the newspaper, and e-mailed me the image of the notice.)

I do not know which church Joseph Stout or Susan Kelley attended, nor do I know who were their parents. (I have suspicions as to who their parents are, but at the moment, I do not have any proof to link them to the suspected parents.) All I know is that they were married by Charles E. Weygandt, Esq., and that Susan was from Bushkill while Joseph was from Schoeneck. Is anyone familiar with the records of Northampton County, Pennsylvania? Does anyone know where I should look for a marriage record, or which church Charles Weygandt might have been a member? Any suggestions or advise is welcome. If you can help me, please contact me by e-mail at jess_history at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

No comments: