Thursday, June 21, 2007

Two More History Books

I just thought that I would mention two history books that might be useful in doing genealogy. What I mean is that these two books maybe beneficial for background information or for research. Currently, I am still reading both books at the moment.

The first book is Small Town America: A Narrative History, 1620-the present by Richard Lingeman (Houghton Mifflin Co.: Boston, 1980). As the title suggests, the book is about the history of small towns in America, and how the towns developed.

The second book is The Puritan Family: Religion and Domestic Relations in Seventh-Century New England by Edmund S. Morgan (Harper Torchbooks: New York, 1966). As this title suggests, the book is on the Puritan family.

I realize these may be old or out of print, but they may be in libraries. I just thought I would mention these two books as possible background sources.

1 comment: