Thursday, June 5, 2008

Detroit's Won the Stanley Cup ...

I've just learned this morning this morning that the Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup. I did not watch the game (or any of the hockey games this season) last night, so I didn't know about the win until today. I just found out from looking at a Yahoo news article, and Jasia's post. It seems as though the only good news that comes out of Detroit is sport-related, but I'll save that for another post some day ...

Anyhow, I remember the 1997 season when Detroit won the Stanley Cup for the first time in 42 years. I remember how my family and I watched the games for that season. (I haven't paid very much attention to hockey or watched the games on TV in a while because I'm not interested in hockey. But I'll stop now, before I get into a tirade about Detroit ...)

No comments: