Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Reading Challenge: Book Review 4

Well, I have finished reading another book. The book I chose to read was From Front Porch To Back Seat: Courtship in Twentieth-Century America by Beth L. Bailey (Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1991). This book falls into the categories of history and women's studies. As the title suggests, the book is on a history of Twentieth Century courtship/dating practices in the United States, but the book only covers practices from the early 1900s to about 1965.

The book is interesting, but I do not believe I would recommend it. The book was obviously written for academia, so I do not believe the book would be of interest to most people. Of course, if someone is doing research into U. S. dating practices of the past, then I would recommend that that person read this book. Outside of that, this is not a book for children as the subject matter is what I consider "adult reading material."

No comments: