Saturday, July 26, 2008

Searching Through Footnote.com's FBI Files

When I first read in Randy's post that Footnote.com had made their FBI files free, I decided to look and see if any of my ancestors or family members were in the files. Even though I have several German ancestors that were living in the U. S. in that time period, I was not able to find anything on any of my ancestors. After being discouraged, I thought I would double-check to make sure I did not miss anything, and after searching again last night, I still could not find anything. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that my ancestors were not investigated by the FBI. Even though the results of my research are disappointing, I thought I would just share my results with everyone. Oh well. One of these days I'll uncover something ...

No comments: