Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Genea-bloggers' Games - Day 5: My Progress

Unlike the past few days, I have finally made some progress in the categories I chose. I will give a short run-down on what I did, and then I will post what I have accomplished so far in the categories.

So, what did I do today? Well, I indexed an 1870 census for Pennsylvania and a 1900 Indian territory census. I also finished scanning in the photographs that I had been working on, and I burned the photos to a CD. I also submitted articles for two carnivals: the Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture and the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy. I did submit an article for the 4th Smile For The Camera, but I don't know if I can count that since I submitted my article before the Genea-bloggers' Games began. I have also joined a few genea-bloggers' blog networks in the past few days.

And now, here is what I have accomplished so far:

Back up your data!

"C. Backup all your data using a flash drive, an external drive, CDs, DVDs, or an online resource" - I'm working on this one at the moment. I've only burned some pictures to a CD, so I don't believe I have accomplished this one just yet."

Write, Write, Write!

"A. Write a summary of what your blog is about and post it on your blog – you may not have done this since you started the blog and it is a great way to have new readers learn more about your site." - I completed this task on August 9th, and you can read the post here.

"B. Participate in a genealogy or family history related blog carnival. See the AnceStories post "August Is..." for a list of these carnivals and their submission URLs and deadlines." - I have already submitted articles for the Carnival of Irish Heritage and Culture and the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy. Also, my article was included in the 4th edition of the Smile For The Camera, although I do not know if that one will count, as I explained above.

Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!

"B. Join another genea-blogger’s blog network on Facebook Blog Networks." - I joined a few over the past few days, but I can't remember which ones I joined off the top of my head at the moment.

"E. Participate in an indexing project." - I indexed a page for the 1870 census for the state of Pennsylvania and I also indexed a 1900 Indian population census page.

Well, I guess I have done quite a bit. To be honest, I actually forgot that joining a genea-bloggers' network was one of the tasks, so I did not mention it in my previous posts. I still hope to be able to accomplish a bit more in this competition.

No comments: