Friday, February 27, 2009

A Surname Meme: Some of the Surnames I Am Researching

I just happened to notice that Jasia listed the surnames she was researching, and I thought it would be a great idea to do the same thing. Of course, I'm not going to post all of the surnames I'm researching because I want to protect my family members' privacy as well. Thus, I am only going to be posting surnames that are a few generations away from my living relatives. So, here are some of the surnames I'm researching:
  • Oswalt: Saint Joseph County, Michigan and Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
  • Detwiler: Saint Joseph County, Michigan and Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania
  • Householder: Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania (specifically interested in information on a Barbara whose father's name might be John.)
  • Stout: Saint Joseph County, Michigan and Northampton County, Pennsylvania
  • Havens: Saint Joseph County, Michigan and Monroe County, New York (tentative location)
  • Kees: Cleveland, Ohio, Trippstadt, Germany and Gelnhausen, Germany
  • Cotta: Trippstadt, Germany and Southwestern Germany (Stuttgart area, possibly?)

I thought I would just start with these surnames since I'm researching quite a few and since these surnames do not violate the privacy of any of my relatives. If you have a connection any of these surnames, please contact me at jess_history at yahoo dot com. Thanks!

No comments: