Friday, February 15, 2008

My Family and the Great Depression ...

Obviously, I was not around when the Great Depression occurred, but some of my family was. So, where was my family during the Great Depression?

Well, a some of my ancestors and family were living in the Detroit area. Other ancestors were living in England. As to the experiences of my ancestors in the U. K., I don't know very much about their experiences.

As for my American ancestors, I have a much better idea of what they experienced. I won't go into details as to what their experiences were like in this post. All I will say is that it was a time of struggle for my family members. Having enough to eat was more important than passing down family stories, as life was very difficult. I can't completely comprehend what life was like during the Great Depression as I never lived through it or experienced conditions similar to my ancestors. So, I truly do not have a very good sense of what life was like back then.

No comments: