Monday, February 18, 2008

Non-fiction Meme ...

Over the past few days, many genealogy bloggers have posted their responses to this meme. I wasn't directly tagged by any blogger but by reading Terry's post, I have become tagged. So, here is my response:

What issues/topic interests you most--non-fiction, i.e, cooking, knitting, stitching, there are infinite topics that has nothing to do with novels?

Well, I mostly read history books, but I also read a few genealogy books. Most of the genealogy books I read are how-to-do books. I also enjoy reading books about current events, different cultures and about different religions from my own. Most of the reading that I do is on non-fiction topics. I don't read as many works of fiction as I use to when I was younger.

Would you like to review books concerning those?

I already write mini-reviews of history books that I have read on this blog. I haven't posted a review lately, but eventually I'll get around to doing so.

Would you like to be paid or do it as interest or hobby? Tell reasons for what ever you choose.

I'm not paid now to do the reviews that I do. I have never thought about being paid, and I really do not feel like being paid for them. I don't believe my book reviews are very good to make money, anyhow.

Would you recommend those to your friends and how?

Only if I knew that they were interested in the subjects of books that I read.

If you have already done something like this, link it to your post.

Here are a few posts where I have reviewed a few history books:

I have only included the first three reviews. I don't believe these reviews garnered very much attention as they were posted very early on on my blog.

And now, I am supposed to tag ten other people. So, here are the ten I am tagging:

Enjoy!

No comments: