Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Reading Challenge: Book Review 3

Well, I have finally finished reading my third book. I've been reading several books at the same time, so it's been a while since I've had a chance to post one of these posts.

The book that I have just finished is Lincoln At Home: Two Glimpses of Abraham Lincoln's Domestic Life by David Herbert Donald (Washington, D.C.: White House Historical Association and Thornwillow Press, 1999). The book is short, coming only to about 96 pages long, and the book is focused on Lincoln's private life. One part of the book is divided into his and his family's life in the White House, and the other half of the book has transcriptions of letters between Lincoln, his wife, and their son, Robert. The book is very easy to read, and includes end notes at the end of the book that explains the context of the letters. Since I did not find any objectionable material in the book, I think it would be a good book for children to read and to use for reports.

No comments: