Saturday, August 1, 2009

Family History Center Visit 15

Earlier today, I visited the local Family History Center, and I took a look at the microfilm of church records from Weisenheim am Berg, Germany. I was able to go through the film and make copies of the church records in two hours. I think that today was one of the most successful research days I have had in a while, and as you can image, I'm pretty happy with my research.

I was able to find two marriage records for my ancestors of two different generations, but I was still unable to find the marriage record for Georg Klippel and Barbara Jost. I don't know if that is due to the missing years in the microfilm, or if it is due to them marrying in another town. When I glanced at Georg's burial record, I think I say something about his marriage, so I'll have to take a look at what that record says first. Overall, though, I am happy with my research. I believe I've moved back a couple more generations on the Klippel maternal side, but I still have to analyze the records. Of course, if I uncover more information, I'll let everyone know. Stay tuned ...

No comments: