So, how did I do?
- I hope to get a chance to go to the Grand Rapids Public Library this year. The main branch of the library has records of the Old Soldiers' Home where my ancestor spent the last two years of his life. I am hoping to find more information than I did at the state archive of Michigan. Result so far: I have yet to visit the library and look up that record. (I have been to that library before, I just never thought to look up the record in the past.) I guess I can always send a letter requesting a copy of the records. I don't know if it will cost more to order it than to copy it myself, but it is an option
- Order more microfilms of probate records for Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania. Result so far: I have not ordered any microfilms for Huntingdon County. Since I still have plenty of time, chances are that I will do so.
- Look up and print other probate records of ancestors who lived and died in Saint Joseph County, Michigan. Result so far: I have not done this yet. Also, I can't seem to find the call numbers for those microfilms anymore on the familySearch website. I think I wrote down the call numbers, so I'll look and see if I can still make a request.
- Order birth, marriage and death records of ancestors from the United Kingdom. Result so far: I have ordered a microfilm of baptismal records for the church that was closest to my ancestors' residence. Hopefully, I'll be able to find my ancestors and their siblings in these records.
- Order microfilms of Trippstadt, Germany's civil records. Result so far: I have ordered one microfilm of death records for the time period that a known ancestor had died. Of course, I still plan to order some more microfilms, especially of birth records.
- And last, but not least, I hope to make more connections and to find more ancestors and relatives. Result so far: I have been contacted by two more distant cousins. I haven't yet been able to find more ancestors, but hopefully, I will have done so by the end of the year.
As you can see, I have only been able to make headway with the last three goals. Since I still have most of the year left, I probably will come close to completing most of my goals, if not all.