Wednesday, February 6, 2008

If I Had A Million Dollars ...

I would use it to pay for Graduate school and invest the rest of it ...

Well, I would do that, but that doesn't conform to the challenge's question. Both Becky Wiseman and Shelly Dardashti have posted their answers to this question, and now I will too.

If I had a rich uncle who gave me a million dollars to research my family history, what would I do? I couldn't tell my family, but I don't know if that would be a problem. I took over the research originally from my grandfather, and he still assists me in our research. My brother also helps me. Both help look up and read records when I visit places to do research. I don't believe that would change regardless if I recieved money.

I think the biggest change for me would be that I wouldn't have to rely upon family members to help pay for obtaining records or ordering microfilms. I probably would be able to pay my way to do research in countries that my ancestors lived before coming to the U. S.

So, I don't know how much that would change my research. As I don't have an uncle that is rich, I think this will still be a fantasy.

1 comment:

Jasia said...

Yes, I'm with you Jess. No rich uncle for me either :-( It is a fun fantasy though isn't it?